Just a quick one for today, folks! I found these amazing little peanut butter energy bars over on a site called rootie tootie fresh & foodie (don’t you love it?!) and I had to make them. I’ve made a few tweaks, of course. I have to say, these are awesome, super-quick, delicious and would be a great project to make with kids (or anyone who just likes getting messy).
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (or so) honey oats & flakes cereal
- a handful of dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used 1/4 cup super-chunk, 1/2 cup creamy)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Grade A Amber maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine everything in a bowl and use a spatula to combine. If it’s too wet, add more dry ingredients. If it’s too dry and won’t stick together, add more wet ingredients (honey, peanut butter or maple syrup). Roll into balls and store in the fridge in a covered container. As in the original post, I got about 12-15 balls out of the recipe; if you want more, just roll ’em smaller. Enjoy!