This one’s for the vegetarians. Hell, the vegans, even. This took me about a half hour to make, total, and it’s ridiculously easy.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roughly chop 2-3 yellow squash.
- Dice about 1/2 a sweet onion.
- Combine both in a heated skillet with some olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Throw in a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (or 1-2 chopped fresh tomatoes).
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook on medium to medium-high until juice is mostly cooked off.
- Add in half a tube of that fake vegetarian sausage stuff and cook for a few more minutes.
- Transfer to baking/casserole dish.
- Sprinkle generously with freshly grated parm (or not, if you’re not into that sort of thing).
- Dust with dried oregano and basil, then top with panko.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Throw it under the broiler if the bread crumbs aren’t brown enough.
You can thank me later.