Bonus, two-for-one recipe day! I’m bringing this one to a green chile party, so I haven’t baked or eaten it yet, but it looks and smells amazing.
- 2 T butter
- 1 T flour
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ~1 cup good cheddar, chopped or shredded
- ~4 oz goat cheese
- ~1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 t cumin
- ~2 cups frozen corn (thawed and drained)
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 roasted Hatch green chiles (peeled, de-seeded, and chopped)
- ¼ cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
Preheat oven to 375. Melt the butter in a saucepan until it gets frothy. Add flour and stir constantly until it gets brown and smells toasty. Gradually add in cream (being careful not to burn or curdle it), then cheddar, goat cheese, and sour cream, stirring constantly. DO NOT STOP STIRRING. When everything is melted together and creamy, stir in the cumin. Turn off heat, add in veggies and stir to incorporate. Pour the mixture into a pie plate, then sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Bake in the oven until the cheese on top is browned and dip is bubbly. Devour immediately.